Connect to the people & resources you need to settle in.
Local ServicesOrganizations that can meet your needs.
First Steps Checklist
- Adventist Community Services Centre, Oshawa (905-433-8800)
- All Saints Church, Whitby (905-668-5101)
- Brock Community Food Bank (705-426-1771)
- Clarington East, Newcastle (905-987-1418)
- Loaves and Fishes, Uxbridge (905-852-6262)
- Nourish and Develop Foundation, Cannington (705-432-2444)
- Operation Scugog (905-985-3087)
- Saint Andrews Outreach, Whitby (905-668-4022)
- Salvation Army, Ajax (905-427-7123)
- Salvation Army, Bowmanville (905-623-2185)
- Salvation Army, Oshawa (905-723-7422)
- Salvation Army, Whitby (905-430-3454)
- Simcoe Hall Settlement House, Oshawa (905-728-7525)
- St. John The Baptist Ukrainian Orthodox Church (905-433-5577)
- St. Paul's on the Hill, Pickering (905-839-9537)
- St. Peter's, Oshawa (905-728-8080)
- St. Vincent de Paul, Bowmanville (905-623-6371)
- Westminster United Church, Whitby (905-723-6442)
EducationGet to know the schools your child can attend.
EmploymentFind employment locally or across Canada.
HousingInformation about rentals and housing
Financial AidSee which programs can help you get on your feet.
Medical CareDiscover a range of local healthcare providers
If you do not have health insurance or are waiting for your coverage to begin, you can find primary health care and treatment services at Community Health Centres and uninsured clinics throughout Durham region.
Durham Public Health also provides a number of services like flu and COVID-19 vaccines to all community members.
You can also get free medical advice from Telehealth Ontario. Call any time toll-free at 1-866-797-0000. To reach them by toll-free TTY, dial 1-877-797-0007.
Ukrainian OrganizationsExplore national and local Ukrainian advocacy and community organizations
Ukrainian Community GroupsConnect with local people and share experiences.
EmergencyNeed urgent help?
Clothing and Household GoodsWays to get free new and gently used essentials.
ChurchesCome for prayer and support to local Orthodox and Catholic churches
Legal AidWe have a team of legal professionals to support you
Canadian Legal Support for Ukrainians
Отримайте безкоштовну консультацію з канадським юристом
Телефонуйте за номером 1-877-873-7875
12:00 – 17:00 EST
з понеділка по п’ятницю
Допомога доступна українською, англійською та французькою мовами
Durham Community Legal Clinic provides free Legal Services for low income residents of Durham Region
TransportationWays to get around
- Українська Кредитова Спілка - єдиний Український банк в районі Дюграм. https://www.ukrainiancu.com/
- ScotiaBank - https://www.scotiabank.com
- Toronto Dominion Bank - https://www.td.com
- Bank of Montreal - https://www.bmo.com
- Royal Bank of Canada - https://www.rbcroyalbank.com
- CIBC - https://www.cibc.com
Canada & Ontario Government News ReleasesGovernment of Canada, and Ontario news releases with beneficial information
Immigration and VisasGet government information about visas
Federal GovernmentImmigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
Dedicated Service Channel for Ukraine immigration enquiries:
- Call 613-321-4243, collect calls accepted.
- Use the IRCC crisis web form and add the keyword “Ukraine2022”
Submitting Visa Applications for Ukrainians to come to Canada:
Visa applications can be submitted online from anywhere in the world. Biometrics can be given at any visa application centre (VAC) outside of Ukraine. VACs are open in Moldova, Romania, Austria and Poland, and there is an extensive VAC network across Europe. More information about the Canada-Ukraine authorization for emergency travel is also available.
Mariia Pitolai - Immigration ConsultantEnglish - Ukrainian - Polish - Russian